Hi I'm a 12 year old male and recently just started to have pain in my left upper breast and sometimes the pain trafers to my chest as well. And I've been having trouble taking a deep breath I'm worried it might me angina please reply

Hey bud, i'm 21 and I've had that problem since I was 14. It started when I had alot of stress in my life so I know that if you have any large emotional tension, that could cause it. You're way too young to be suffering with your heart, even if you happen to be a completely lazy kid, you'd never have heart problems anywhere NEAR now unless you know you were born with some.Another thing that makes it worst is your body's ph. I finally think I know what my problem has been, and I believe it's my ph, cause I tested it and it's acidic. You should tell your parents. You could have acid reflux or an acidic ph which is easily curable with the right foods, supplements, remedies, or alkaline water. If you have any stress as well, learn to not let it bother you ok. I know some people think a 12yr old can't have any stress, but i personally know better. Tell your parents, i severely doubt it's anything serious as long as you take care of it now. Don't be like me lol

I had this! From when I was fourteen years old EXACTLY the way you describe it down to ending up in a ball. I have never heard another person say they had the same thing. I seem to have "outgrown" it. Good to know you are not suffering either. Amazing to know I am not alone.

Hi, I'am 27 and i been experiencing this pain on my left breast bone right on the middle of the bone, is like when you have trapped gases but this one it comes suddenly 2 seconds and i don't feel it anymore, and it only happens whenever i eat greasy food, i was getting scared that it may be signs of a heart attack, but i had it for over a week and a half, it started after i went to a water park and i remember i forced myself swimming that day, but i''m not really sure what it would be, please any suggestions or opinnions, thank you and have a nice day:-D

robert wrote:

Considering the kind of pain, where it happens and when it happens, I'd say you have acid. Not acid reflux, acid, as in your body's pH. Fixing it easy but it'll take dedication. Lots of things are alkaline in nature. You can drink lots of alkaline water, you can eat foods rich in alkaline such as watermelons, apples, grapes, papaya, oranges, etc. You can drink lemon water (squeeze a raw lemon in a cup of water, it turns the water's pH to alkaline, drink it). Alkalizing is the only way to fight and CURE acid. You can also drink apple cider vinegar, or baking soda to combat acid. If you're interested in the last to methods mail me back for the right dosage. Take care.

Hello. Same here also experiencing pain on my left breastbone, and i feel more pain when i breath heavily...also the pain connected on my back chest...whats the possible reason why i experiencing this, it is possible also maybe because of my past history of Pneumonia?..hope to have a good reply..thanx

Hi I am 50 y/o. In august 2012 went to ER with chest pain. After EKg,XRAY,Ct scan and stress test all negative for heart problems and seeing my family doc and the cardiologist several times with a gallbldder ultrasound, bone scan, repetative ekg's,  endoscope ,echocardiogram , repatititve xrays,  upper back mri and multiple pain reliverers, nsaids I have no real  diagnosis except I do not have a heart problem and it is muscloskelatal  problem and no lung/ lining of lung problems  / and no real relief.  My pain is sometimes sharp on the left side sometime it feel s like it is deep.  Some times it can be on the right side of my chest  or in the middle.  I ussually notice some type of pain the  moment i wake up.  It varies in strength but is ussually never over 5 on a pain scale form 1-10.  I have been dealing with this for a while and not sure where to go form here. See an ortho doc /pain doc and get shots in chest maybe get another cardio 2nd opinion/catheriztion?

My family doc not sure what else to do.

im so happy to see there are people out there that might be feeling the same pain I felt for the first time last night that just about made me feel like I was gonna die! I am a 25 yr old girl normal weight have has a 3 old, I also seek chiropractic work. Well last night I woke from a tightening pain that kept getting worse and took my breath away to the point I was trying to say my husbands name to wake him because I did not know what was happening and was scared it was gonna kill me! It lasted about 10seconds until i felt it kinda like pop! And that part was painful also! I did not know what to think I was just it shock and years from what I just felt! After it happen there was soarness from where the pain was. It was kinda in the left side under my breast towards the center above my stomach should I go to my dr ? What could it be ? My husband is a chiropractor and made me feel as I was ok and it was something in his words . But honestly still worried because I thought the pain was gonna kill me like I was having ruptured insides! please help ?

Im 38 started having the same pain left breast (beneath directly through middle of breast .it only happens when my hemiglobin is low(iron) .T ry getting womans multi vitaman w high iron @ least 18 mg do that on a normal basis & after a fw dys it should slowly go away.
Samantha 74

HELP!! Me too! its Feb 11 2013 right now. mines started when I had an argument with my mother in Friday night Feb 8th   (we have a bad relationship, I stress with her everyday, fighting everyday almost.)  the pain then that same night that happened was on my upper left where my chest is center all the way to the left of my chest and breast A real hard extremely tight pressure pain feel like a ton is siting on my left chest like someone is squeezing it really hard. I finally went to the hospital at 5am of Sunday Feb 10. I had all the tests done EKG, cat scan, urine, blood, basically everything and all came out normal with nothing!. The doctor prescribed me with naproxen sodium 150 and i took it only once and Nothing i gave it 12 hours to work and Nothing the pain tightness pressure was still there, and I do not want to take another one because of it's side effects and it doesnt work on me so what's the point. I've been researching online of maybe finding what can it be? I still have the Pain right now as I'm typing its been like what over 2 days straight with this pain and it does not come and go its just there still no movement or decrease in pain at all. I'm worried about it really bad and I don't know what else to do!! Im 22 years old.

I, too, began to experience similar pain. It began in 2005 and it has come and gone intermittently. After much searching, testing, experimenting, I have reached the conclusion that it is related to intense emotions. In my case, it suddenly arrives when I receive "bad news" about anyone I love and care about. Acupuncture is one of the few things that has helped this physical discomfort, but I am now also trying to work with grief/fear of loss issues so that I can rid myself of this particular physical discomfort/pain...

I am 52 and have these sharp pains under my left breast. For those ladies who have experienced pregnancy, it feels just like a ay's foot pushing on that spot. It can last from a few seconds to 10 minutes. Help Please!!

I have been getting this pain for approximately 15 years. I am now 31. It occurs mainly if not always when stationary and sitting up in bed. The pain is sharp and sudden in my lower left breast. It feels like a small pocket of gas. Once the pain starts I cannot take a full breath in and have to take short breaths to test if it has subsided. Each breath pulls the ball even tighter and the pain squeezes tighter.  

The lightest symptoms are mere light squeezes in my left breast and this has only occurred in the last few years and is currently more common than the worse, sharper pain which only occurs every few months at most.  This more troubling pain described above can last from as little as 10 seconds or in the rare worst case scenario up to 45 mins or an hour. On one occasion recently I was in Laos and I woke up and got the sharp pain immediately.  I did my slow breathing which somewhat halted the pain but froze the tight ball in my chest in place. I tried to move but sitting up caused the pain in my chest to tighten. Eventually after relaxing and deep breaths it subsided. 

During the last 15 years I have always been active, playing rugby, swimming, travelling etc. and am a relatively healthy eater. However I do smoke approximately 20 cigarettes per week. The only liquids I drink are tea, water and Barely water along with alcohol at weekends etc. Basically there is nothing extraordinary about my lifestyle or diet. I have begun juicing lately which I would highly recommend btw.

As there is a history of heart problems on both sides of my family the pains caused me many hours of worry and so I eventually, at age 26, went to my GP. I had an oral exam, told all was fine and was sent for an ECG, everything came back fine. I then went for a full cardiac stress test spending a princely sum. Everything came back negative, very healthy heart I was told. A couple of years later, wanting a second opinion, or an actual opinion at all (as the stress test only told me what it wasn't and they didn't offer an opinion as to what it could be!) Again a full stress test which again came back negative.  

After all my medical checks I am somewhat happier that I do not have a heart problem and it is most likely pockets of trapped air in my lung or at least lung related. I have heard this is possible and more likely for smokers. 

Can we get a poll of how many people with the symptoms smoke, even occasionally?

Also has anyone ever had twitches in their left arm during the chest pain or some sort of sensation at least?

Over the years as the pain has come and gone I have noted a number of things.

1. It typically if not always happens when I am relaxing in bed or sitting down.

2. Spreading your arms out to open your chest helps.

3. Control your breathing, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

4. When you can sit up do some stretches. 

5. It helps to note when you usually get the pain so you can be pro-active and take the steps above before the pain begins or simply to be ready if you feel it coming on. 

If you watch animals, the first thing they do when they wake is stretch, be it your dog, cat or a lion. We as people typically don't stretch enough. Stretching has helped me and not just in relation to my chest pain. I would also recommend looking in to yoga andor meditation. 

Hope this helps

I also get acid reflux occasionally. Is this a common symptom among sufferers of "The mystery pain". And I smoke occasionally.

I'm 16 years ok, dealing with the same problem. This been going on since I was 6th grader and I been having it lately. Last night it started hurting so much that I started crying infront of my Mom.It started hurting under my left breast. It felt like someone was stabbing/squashing me so right. I had to take my bra off but yet still hurt. So I walked around in a circle with my left arm across my head. It stopped but once I sat back down it started coming back, so I went and laid down and the pain got worst. It lasted for an hour. What should I do?