Hell, I am 22 weeks pregnant. I’ve been talking with some parents about the Chicken Pox vaccine for kids. I am worried about the baby, because they told me that I needed this vaccine before the pregnancy, but I didn’t know. So, is my baby now in risk to be infected? I am 20 years old and I am so scared and confused about this. Help me!

Pregnant women should not be near a person with chickenpox. If a pregnant woman who hasn't had chickenpox in the past contracts it the fetus is at risk for birth defects, but if you haven’t, you would be safe. If you develop chickenpox 5 days before to 2 days after delivery, the newborn is at risk for life-threatening varicella. If you have had chickenpox in the past before the pregnancy then the fetus receives antibodies through the placenta. That means that yours immunity gets passed on to the baby through the placenta and breast milk, so it would be unlikely for the infant to get sick.