Hi, I noticed that my neighbors child has been neglected. Very often, I see him playing alone in front of the house, and when I ask him where his parents are, he says that there’s nobody home. Beside that, his skin and clothes are often dirty and smelly. What do you think about this?

Hi, you can never know what is going on in their house. Don’t jump with the conclusions and accuse them for neglecting just because you saw their child playing in the yard in dirty clothes. However, if this continues and if he keeps staying alone, try to talk with his parents. Express you consideration, and ask them if there is a problem when they keep leaving their child alone in the house. Maybe they both have jobs and not enough money to pay a woman who would take care of their child. You never know. If you decide to call a social service and accuse those people of neglecting their child, you have to realize what could happen. If you decide to accuse them for neglecting, you have to be absolutely sure that you’re right, because you cant make a mess of somebody’s life without taking any responsibility.