Hi, my child’s nipples are bleeding and I can’t understand why is it happening, when he didn’t fall or got hurt it any other way. Can anyone help?

Hi, I had problems with bleeding nipples when I was breastfeeding. I was told that it is because my baby is not latched on at the breast properly. I had severe nipple pain, until I didn’t learn proper feeding technique. You can apply some cream for relieving pain and feeling better. But, you can increase intake of vitamin C for stimulation of healing process, and check with pediatrician, if it is related to any disease. Maybe, nipples are under thrush infection, but also severe dry skin and eczema can be the reason.

Is the childs shirt maybe rubbing against them too much? Lotramin (for athletes feet) get the clear liquid - just a few drops will heal them up if its rubbing thats the issue.