Hello. I have some questions to discuss with people who maybe have more experience on this field.
I'm 35 year old female and I am expecting my third child and have successfully breastfed the first two. Both times I have suffered from extreme soreness in my nipples. So, I used some remedies and vitamin E supplements but it didn’t help a lot.
One friend of mine told me that there are some treatment and that it had something to do with tannic acid but couldn't explain the exact reason it worked.
So, I would like to know can breastfeeding damage nipples for good.
Thanks!

Well, considering the fact that I have four kids- I could say that I know a bit about these problems.
You see, nursing mom can experience several soreness problems so it is quite normal to have some passing nipple tenderness during the first week, peaking around the third day following the birth.
So, your pain will last approximately a week. I had very strong pains so I had to do something!
A friend of mine told me that you could relieve your symptoms by putting one tea bag on each nipple. They contain tannic acid which has anti-inflammatory properties.
I would not suggest you to use any more vitamin E on your breasts because it may actually irritate your skin.

nipples are for breastfeeding... its why we have them!!!!! therefore, i see that it is physically impossible for breastfeeding to ruin them...