err i was just wondering if smoking causes any complications...its been 7 or 8 days since my gall bladder removal ..not a heavy smoker ....can i smoke like 1 cig every alternate days? ... ;-)

Yes, it can. Smoking slows down healing. In the first healing stage, platelets, which are blood cell fragments, stick to each other and to rough areas in the wound to form a blood clot, which plugs any leaking blood vessels. Cigarette smoke can cause platelets to become excessively sticky, and this increases the chance that an abnormal blood clot will form. Smoking can also prevent oxygen from being transported from cell to cell. This slows healing because oxygen provides energy for the repair process.
Then, during the infection-fighting stage of healing, the nicotine in tobacco reduces the formation of macrophages, which are special white blood cells that remove bacteria and dead tissue from the healing area. Here, too, the lack of oxygen slows healing because oxygen helps kill anaerobic bacteria that may be infecting the area. This can be particularly damaging when we're treating gum disease because some of the bacteria that are active in causing gum disease are the anaerobic type. My father has his gallbladder removed a month and a half ago, and he smokes. He has had a lot of complications, but it's not really related to the cigarette smoke. If you have to smoke just try to cut down after your surgery, at least for a week or two. Give your body time to heal. Hope this will help.

hey there thnxx for the reply man...well yea its been a week like i said...is it ok to smoke like 1 cig now? lol

You're welcome man! :-D Well, I guess one cigarette a day won't kill you... :-)

After a week when your gall bladder is removed can i still continue smoking?

My name is Courtney and I go in for gull bladder surgery at 6:30 this in the morning today and I am a smoker but I only smoke maybe a pack a day depending on how stressed I am. But Anyway yes that info helps thank you so much.

Only smoke a pack a day?! Dude, wtf are you thinking?! Lol

A pack a day!? only? Christ i smoke 5 a day and i thought that was bad!!!

When can i smoke after removal of gall blader

I was wondering if it is okay for me to vape I had my gallbladder removed a week ago?

Yooooo.....I was thinking the same thing...lol