I managed to earn calcaneous fracture while riding a bike on a bumpy road. There is only one fracture line but it is very painful and the doctors advise surgery. I was informed that I won’t be able to walk for a long time if they perform a surgery. Is there anyone with calcaneous fracture to help me and share experience?

I ended up with calcaneous fraccture after a very serious car accident so I was delighted to hear that the only think broken was my heal. I had two fracture lines and there were also some broken pieces. Surgery was necessary and two screws were put in. The recovery was really slow and painful - I wasn’t allowed to walk for three months and I suffered from post - operational infection. I had to take three different kinds of antibiotics. It turned out that the side-side motion of my joint was no longer possible, although I can walk normally on the flat ground. I was also recommended to perform some exercises such as pointing forward and pulling back the foot or circling. It took surprisingly long time, but now, after sevens months, I’m able to perform all the usual activities. So, you’ll just have to let sergeants do their job and follow their instructions. There will be a lot of pain and unpleasant situations, but try to cope with them. Good luck.