I have this rash for approx over ten days now.
Around 10 days ago my left breast was itchy on the left side so....I scratched it. I think it had a little red mark on it then. Then the next morning I noticed it was now a red rash. And it was in the shape of a circle and looked like a bite mark. Not a bug bite but like a round human bite. I thought it was now red because maybe I scratched it too hard. But then a couple days later it started spreading and the rash was getting bigger.
Then about five days after I scratched it I went to the doctor and he told me it was probably ringworm or some fungal infection. And prescribed me Loprox a topical antifungal cream. And he said that it will take a couple weeks for this rash to go away.
But on the instructions I got from the pharmacy, it says that I should see improvement within the first week. I have been using this cream as directed for 5 days now and the rash is still spreading and getting bigger on my left breast and has now spread to my right breast. The rash is still small on the right side but I have a feeling its going to get huge like the left side and I know the doctor said it will take a few weeks but also on the instructions for the Loprox it says that this cream stops the growth of fungal infections....so shouldn't this rash NOT be spreading...
Plus, I'm supposed to be going to Mexico in a few weeks and I don't think I'll be able to wear my bikini top like this..
If you know what this is please help. I will be seeing another doctor soon for a second opinion. But would like some peace of mind in the meantime.
Thank you!

I have the same rash, haven't see the doctor yet, but I was wondering if you ever found out anything?

I have it to.

It is tinea (ringworm).  It will not go away since it is in the warm areas, folds of the body.  Use Lamisil cream and Zeasorb antifungal powder.  Keep the area as dry as possible.