Hello. I'm 19 year old male and I would like to hear more about some aspects of fungal infection treatment.
You see, I have never had any problems with these kinds of infections and that’s why I don’t know anything about it.
About a week ago I have developed some fungal infection on my feet and my mother told me that it is very common and that it can be caused by wearing heavy shoes and excessive swatting of the feet.
She also told me that I should contact some dermatologist but, before this, I would like to find out is there any way I could cure this by my self? What is the best cure for fungal infection?

Hello. I'm very sorry that you’ve developed this skin problem but, like your mother already told you, it is very common among young people and it is called Athlete's foot.
It causes scaling and sogginess of the skin, commonly of the spaces between the toes. The best cure is so called anti-fungal topical medicaments. There are a variety of treatments available in the form of creams, lotions and medicated powders.
Probably the best antifungal medicaments are Canesten, Miconasole and Terbinafine. After using these medications you are still in risk in developing reinfections but there are some steps you can take to prevent this such as dry the skin carefully after bathing, change socks or tights daily and wear loose fitting clothes and underwear.