So after searching around the internet I decided to come here to ask some questions:  why is coffee giving me diarrhea?  Most information I could find linked the causes to acid or caffeine or dairy, but things I'd like to note: I'm not lactose intolerant (I LOVE milk, and black coffee has the same effect on my bowels as mixed coffee), other caffeine sources don't give me diarrhea (soda, tea, etc, no matter how much I drink in a single sitting/day, nothing gives me diarrhea.  Just coffee), and the same thing with acid...I can eat as many acidic foods as I wish with no problem.

I used to work in a coffee shop and drank coffee daily, with absolutely no problems.  Now however I drink about 2-3 cups a week purely because of the diarrhea.  What gives!  Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

My mother has the same problem (also with other liquids) and I believe she started eating yogurt to help with digestion.

i have same issue. looking for a solution.