Hi--

If anyone could help, please do. I suffer from anxiety, but it has never interferred with my daily life.
I have the worst feeling of a lump in my throat lately and I have trouble swallowing my food.
I can get it down, but it always seems like there is something stuck in my throat, a very uneasy feeling.
This just started about a week ago and alot has changed in my life--new job, wedding in 2 months, moving--but maybe there really is something wrong.
You can't always blame anxiety for everything. What do you think? Sound like a problem I should see a doctor for or anxiety AGAIN.

i seem to have the same problem i made this account just to get some answers my doctors said it could be acid reflux i got it after 4-20 and i still have it im taking nexium for now but if it doesnt work im willing to get surgery its ruining my life i cant live like this foreever

I have had the sensation of a lump in my throat for about 18 months. I had a sinus operation, that did not fix it. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux, sleeping propped up in bed and nexium twice a day has helped. But, this past week I went to a different ENT and he gave me alot of meds to take. I take patanase and Veramyst(nasal inhalers), zyrtec at night and a heavy duty antibiotic for 3 weeks. He is trying to clear it up and then take me off some of these.

But, I feel almost back to normal, maybe 95%. I used to take rolaids(generic), 4 at a time abut 6 times a day and nasal saline soution two or three times a day. I don't need these anymore.

I may also have some thyroid problem, but we will deal with that. I feel so much better. Talk to your ENT. Also, i had an allergy test done, most of these meds are for allergies. i think that is the key.

Good luck

I have the same sympton