I just started drinking the whey protein ready to drink Myoplex shakes, and have experienced intense nausea every time. There are 42g of protein in those shakes, I'm 5'7 and weigh 153lbs. Could it be too much protein for my system to absorb at once? What other possible causes could there be?

I do not have an answer for you, but I have been taking those shakes for years as a dietary supplement, with no problems. However, at the beginning of this month (April 07), I've been having diarrhea, slight nausea, and light headedness after having a shake. I hadn't made the connection between the shake and this feeling until today. I thought I had the flu or something because of a headcold that I seemed to get at the same time, but now I'm not sure that I *only* have a cold. Maybe the headcold and the digestive problems are actually unrelated, and the digestive symptoms caused by shakes?

Just though I'd throw that out there, as I found it interesting to find this in google while looking up the same info.

i'm getting nausea too. I've always drank the myoplex rtd, mocha latte flavor, and now i'm getting intense nausea. i can't even finish the shake. any ideas?