I have suffered from vaginal discharge for years now and i am only 22. My doctors have treated me with everything in the book and it is still here. I have to wear panty liners everyday. The discharge can be thick one day and thin and clear the next. I tried the garlic/yogurt tampon, boric acid capsules, diflucan, vaginosis cream, monistat, and all. And that was over the past yrs. I have tried to deel with it but i cant take it any longer. I am always getting cultures takin and always staying on top of my ob to report any changes and new things to try. But everytime i get my culures back they all come up regular. Nothing at all. I dont understand??? Does have this problem?

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

Discharge also increases during pregnancy. And during sexual excitement, vaginal discharge becomes very profuse because two glands near the vaginal opening (the Bartholin's glands) secrete additional slippery mucus, which acts as a lubricant for intercourse.

Normal discharge doesn't smell, and does not cause any irritation or itching. A discharge is likely to be abnormal if:

it smells fishy
it's thick and white, like cottage cheese
it's greenish and smells foul
there's blood in it (except when you have a period)
it's itchy
you have any genital sores or ulcers
you have abdominal pain or pain on intercourse
it started soon after you had unprotected sex with someone you suspect could have a sexually transmitted disease.

at tutty .. im in the same position.. ive had vaginal discharge for years .. gone from doctor to doctor and nobody can seem to find the solution as to what it is. and it affects your overall being.. i get depressed at times.. cuz im sick of this.. and like you i have to wear liners.. the discharge its not smelly or itchy.. but it bugs me everyday.. maybe one day ill find the solution..

Please try Jarrows Formula Fem Dophilus. Google it. Order it. Seriously I have been in your shoes. It works and it seriously saved my sex life.

You probably just don't have an active infection maybe when you get cultures done? I had that happen to me a few times. Since your body is trying to correct your pH, so you can have short periods of regulatory when still having chronic infections. You should try to tell if it is a yeast or bacterial infection though so you can properly treat it. If it smells strongly, even only if sometimes, it's probably bacterial vaginosis, but if it's more creamy than thin with little or no( it may be a little sweet if anything) it's a yeast infection. With yeast infections, a cleanse is sometimes unnecessary if it's chronic because the infection can spread to your cervix or colon. With bacterial infections, the boric acid should have helped? How long did you try it? Try gy-na-ten

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

or something similar, because the trick is to do it for the full 2 weeks, even when symptoms go away, while at the same time replenishing your good bacteria with a strong probiotic like the one provided in the gy-na-tren kit. It needs to be a super strength one, or a mix of different ones like the Jarrow's Formula mentioned before. Hydrogen peroxide once or twice a day for a week sometimes is also really helpful in the same way boric acid is because it works for yeast or bacterial infections, even though I've heard it can sometimes cause yeast infections? But I think that depends on the person.

No matter what kind of infection though, whatever method you use won't work if you don't treat the actual physical area with suppositories or douches or something, as well as taking vitamins to strengthen your immune system as well those super strong probiotics. I hope that's helpful? Just my personal advice from something dealing with similar issues the past few months. Don't forget maintenance also! Once you do kick the thing, it'd be safe to keep taking the vitamins and probiotics for the next month at least, and to get a pH kit and be vigilant about your hygiene after sex, especially before or after your period, and after sex, when your pH levels are different again. It's sorta like you have help your body remember how to stay stable again after fluctuating so much, till you should be in the "clear", at least not highly sensitive,  if the symptoms stay away for 6 months or a year. 

Omg! I totally understand I have been dealing with this for over 10 years and it is totally frustrating. I've tried so many things and it will not disappear. I've taken many of pills given to me by my doctor and it hasn't helped. I wish they could find something to deal with this

I have the same thing. It doesn't smell or itch, and is usually very thick white substance. sometimes it's thinner. I used to wear panty liners but now every morning I stick my finger up inside and scoop out as much as I can. It helps to have long finger nails for this. It may not be good to always stick fingers up inside my vagina, though I always clean them beforehand, but it definitely helps a lot. Some days I don't have any discharge on my panties, other days only a little bit. But it's always producing and I know it's really annoying and I wish it would just stop.
Sex with my old boyfriend used to be awkward because my white discharge would collect on his penis. Thankfully he wasn't an ass about it or anything, but it was still embarrassing for me.
All my gyno said was "you're probably one of the women who always have this". I've tried Monistat so many times, even something prescribed and it helped for like 2 days and then it was back. I've come to pretty much just accept this, but I keep checking to see if there's anything new that might help. Good luck!

I have the same problem its been happening for 6 months now! Its so annoying and really uncomfortable for me and my boyfriend I don't want this to ruin us! I'm curious if you found a cure please let me know thanks !!!

I have the same issue, it's been for several years. I kept getting checked for sti and nothing! I've tried antibiotics, boric acid, creams, and I have the same issue during sex where it collects on his penis it's embarrassing because men don't understand that we've tried everything and we're just as confused about it as they are. My gyno says it's normal, I beg to differ why other women don't suffer with it while others suffer for years? I too wish it would just disappear ugh....

I have been trying to get rid of a yeast infection but it's not going anywhere after taking meds it goes away for a couple of days then it comes back again.i thought the discharge was normal because I knew that I took the meds then I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend two days later he told me that he contracted an STI from me,still it doesn't wanna go away

I too, have had this problem and like guest, I stick my fingers inside my vag every morning to take as much out. This does help so I do not have to wear panti-liners, but I used to for years. I don't now that take it out every am, but a little still comes out during the day. I'm super embarrassed to have sex with men and if I get a Bf I hope he'll be understanding. It's still a pain in the buy and embarrassing to myself!! I have just accepted that my organ just generates this stuff!!

what is it is it vagina cum or what

Watt your have get. Of discharge ??

Same to me,mine doesn't smell or itches me,but it spoil my panty inside. Am confused

You may research Candida overgrowth. I've been dealing with it & just figured out from research that I have Candida overgrowth & probably leaky gut syndrome. If it's Candida overgrowth that you've had for a long time then it's probably created a biofilm around it to "protect" itself & the biofilm can't be killed with anti fungals. I just started a new probiotic & biocleanse from plexus & took carbs & sugar out of my diet except for sweet potatoes & winter squash occasionally. Even meat that's been given antibiotics can make yeast grow. You can research to get more info. I hope this helps.