Can anyone help? my mum had a hysterectomy just over 7 years ago (aged now 58 ). Since the op she has been in pain, ie. bloating, whole stomach hurts, pain in left arm/shoulder, constipation (that she sort of had before anyway). The doc said it was adhesions and had another op to remove them, this did not work. No pain killer helps including ibroprofen/co-dydromol etc..... the doc says she is depressed, only depressed with the 24/7 pain.
PLEASE HELP, scoured the internet numerous times for an answer.........????
any answers would be much appreciated.......
her daughter. :-(

My Mum had a very similar experience, in that she was left with pain for years after the op, this was blamed scar tissue. However, no matter what pain treatment she was given, nothing worked. This has been going on for about eight years. She got much worse after the last year (losing weight, becoming depressed due to tha pain, and developing panic attacks from all the worry about what this could be).

Keeping on to the doctor, she's finally got them to do a range of tests, and there's some indication of IBS and possibly Coeliacs disease. This is not resolved yet, but hopefully we'll get some joy when she sees a gastrometrist.

I understand how bad it can get worrying about your mother's illness; so all the best of luck in finding the cause - keep on to those docs. Are you monitoring what your mother eats or other patterns associated with the pain. It was through keeping a diary over these past few months that my mum noticed that she felt worse after eating oat-based products.

Good Luck!

Good Luck! 8-|

I have the same problem, (bloating, stomach pain) after having had a hysterectomy 18 years ago. Every doctor says it is adhesions and surgery might make the pain worse. After many years of trying different pain killers, the doctor prescribed low dosage Elevil. The first dosage was way too strong and I was knocked out; the second, lower dosage helped and kept the pain under control. Then, a year ago, when I took Skelaxin for a back problem, it seems to work Great(!) on this adhesions pain. Good luck!

I had a hysterectomy about four years ago & I have constant stomach pain no matter what I eat or don't eat. I have seen many gastro doctors & interns, but nothing has helped. If I eat only bland food I am better off than eating vegetables or foods with sauces. Good luck!

There are meridians that pass through those parts of the body and they have been cut. Most of us can not see these. Reiki or other therapies such as BodyTalk or Reflexology could help.