My question is.... What is the best abs exercise for the lower abs. I do the leg raises but I'm not seeing the results I want as quick as I want. I can tell it works but is there anything better I might do for instant results. I also have exercise bands too. I'm not to much on the shakes that contain veggies so could there be something else that would be good? Also how often are you suppose to do abdominal exercises is it okay to skip a few days? It would be great if you have any info on these questions.ho

Hey, 

The timeframe on your abs will depend on the amount of fat you have on them. If you have slightly thicker layer, you have to work on getting your overall body fat down before all else (I know that isn't fun to hear, but you don't see fat guys having abs). I would try to do some exercises such as the AB Ripper X (found on youtube) once every 3 times a week at first (until your recovery time goes down and then 4 times a week. 

well I don't really have a lot of body fat I'm pretty skinny I am starting to notice a difference in my abs now because I have been doing a lot everynight and I have to say I'm getting more satisfied now. I have been using bands as well, but do you know of any fruit shakes that are good. Thanks for your help and I will look at that on YouTube.

Just remember that you treat the abs like all other muscle groups. Mix up the exercise routines when you don't feel that burn the next day anymore. Give them time for recovery (don't work them out everyday). Try protein shakes (quality whey protein such as optimum nutrition) to help speed up recovery as well as keep you from overeating since it will make you feel full. What did you think of the Ab Ripper X routine?

Abs exercises alone will not effectively burn fat from the abdominal region. You need to follow different types of exercises to get your lower abdomen fit and remember that it doesn’t matter how many number of reverse crunches, pulse ups and TRX saw pikes you do, if there’s fat covering your abs you will not see your lower abs. Lower abs are the product of single digit body fat and a strong lower rectus abdominals. So try to melt body fat effectively by doing cardio exercise.