I’ve started suffering extreme pain in my feet, heels especially few days ago. I can not say if it was caused by my muscle or nerve irritation/inflammation. Can cortisone shots be administered in feet? The pain is sharp and I can not walk normal. I had no injury on that leg, and wonder if it could be ischialgia?

I got cortisone shot 2 weeks ago because of the same unexplained pain in my left heel. Pain disappeared since I had it and has never reoccurred. Cortisone is the strongest anti-inflammatory drug and obviously it did its job in my feet. I used some creams and gels on my feet, but they were not effective enough in pain reducing. I’m going to get one again if pain comes back.

I had exactly the same symptoms and my doctor diagnosed it as plantar fasciitis, having had this himself. He recommended some very specific stretches which surprised me because they were somewhat painful, but they were very effective. In addition I started using "Heel That Pain" heel lifts in my shoes. These were very affordable and I continue to use them. The relief from these two approaches was quick and very effective, with no recurrence of the pain. It has been four pain free months now.