I really don’t understand how this could happen and I’m furious! I just wanted a quality running shoe and asics gel nimbus seemed to be what I needed. I read the reviews and they were all good so I decided to buy this model. But the problem occurred just after my first training in these shoes. I got sore arches! Imagine that! And these are supposed to be comfort and cushioned shoes. Anybody with the same story?

You haven’t told us many things, for example whether you’re a pro runner, what kind of pronator you are and similar. Because it’s normal that a running shoe which is excellent in general doesn’t fit everybody well. We all have different foot types and shoes are made for each type. You probably have very high arches or you are overpronator. Asics GEL Nimbus shoe is for underpronators and I’ve never heard that anybody with this kind of pronation complains about this shoe. Besides, there are people who buy shoes online without trying them on and expect the shoes to fit them perfectly. Asics GEL Nimbus is a good shoe, one of the best in its category and I really don’t know why you had such a bad experience with it.

I have had the same problem...
I went to a specialist running shop and had my gait analyzed. I was told I had a neutral gait and that the nimbus 10 would be ideal for me so went ahead.
After running for 2 mins in the shoes I had a lot of pain in my feet, it felt like cramp in my arches.
Anyway, spoke to the shop today and they said I was obviously sold the wrong shoes for me and that they will re-analyze and suggest another pair.

The shoes do seem to be fairly narrow and have what feels like a fairly high arch (either that or my feet are a bit flat) so hopefully tonight they will sort this for me and I can get back out on the road.

I had problem with same shoes. Now I'm using Brooks Glycerin 7 and have no problems at all.

What many people don't realize is that they are predisposed to certain conditions because of genetics and their daily routine. What can make it even worse is when they do/or wear the same kind of shoe day in and day out. With this routine they (their bodies/feet) are not very susceptible to change. It is important to change your shoes daily meaning , heel height, toe rocker, heel rocker and elevation of the arch. This will keep you more flexible and your body will accept the change without a negative response ie. heel pain and plantar fasciitis.

Good Luck!
JB :D :)