Hi. I have pair of stilettos and I absolutely ADORE them. However, I have a big problem lately. I can't wear them more than an hour because of really horrible pain, mostly located in the balls of my feet. I've tried insoles, but they didn't help. Pain is sometimes unbearable and lasts for few hours after wearing high heels, sometimes it even lasts the whole day. Pain also goes up into my calves and ankles. Since lately I have been feeling a slight pain in my back as well. I have been wearing high heels for years and never had such problems. What should I do? Just don't tell me I have to stop wearing them, I couldn't do that!

Hi. You don't have to stop wearing them, but don't wear them too often either. Stilettos will cause your foot to wobble around. If you’re wearing high heels everyday, consider wearing thicker heel style. Also, avoid thin soles because they will give you pain on the bottom of your foot. Wear a thicker sole or a little bit of a platform, possibly made of rubber because a rubbery kind of material will absorb that pressure. Don't wear high heels everyday. And stretch and massage your feet after you take your shoes off. Also, shoe inserts may help relieving the pressure and preventing foot pain, especially if they'remade of silicone gel. Hope this helps.

1. Make sure you are wearing the right size shoe.

2. Educate yourself on your own personal foot type.

3. The thicker the heel, the better.

4. Avoid thin soles, opting instead for a platform.

5. Take breaks.

6. Stretch your feet after you take your shoes off.