Hi everyone

I am a 48 year old male who has been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis and acute sinusitis. Allergies run very deep in my family and this year, the pollen count has been off the charts.

Many times over the years I have had sudden attacks where my nose will get itchy followed by an endless flow of mucous until I'm practically drowning in it or my nose will just drip for hours on end. I also get post-nasal drip that accumulates in the back of my throat and makes me have to swallow a lot and while I'm asleep, this stuff runs down into my lungs resulting in a mild lung infection and some shortness of breath that can last for several days.

Recently however (for the past 3-4 days) I've had a lot of post-nasal drip, dry (or watery) eyes, some congestion, runny nose occassional sneezing and have had to stop taking my nasal spray because it is causing side effects with long-term use. The other day, kept having to clear my throat and was bringing up small amounts of clear mucous from my lungs. I kept doing this throughout the day until my throat felt a little scratchy and irritated. The next day I continued bringing up small amounts of mucous until my throat felt even slightly more scratchy.

This lasted just a few days and yesterday and today my throat has felt ok but last night the post-nasal drip got down into my lungs again as I slept.

I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this whole cycle and if it is the normal pattern for allergies/conditions such as allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis. About a week ago, I also experienced days where I had tons of brain fog and just felt really tired and run down too.

Thanks for your input, BlueBird