Hi, I have started to lift weights three months ago. It was my desire to have a leaner, more shaped body. So far, I have managed to lose few extra pounds. I have achieved very little when it comes to muscles build up. Except for one thing. My thighs are so big, I am afraid of what they will turn into. Is this the consequence of the workout or could my thighs have swollen?

Hi, it is great you have decided to do something to shape up. However, you should be aware that it will take some time for your muscles to build up. So, have patience. There can be two reasons why your thighs have swollen. First of all, you might have over worked your thighs muscles and caused some kind of an injury. Muscles can get hurt if you are not careful while you workout. This can cause swollenness as a sign of muscle injury. However, if you are not having any other consequences such as pain or weakness in your legs, you have not hurt your muscles. This would imply you have not injured your muscles. It may be you have trained your thighs too much and they are just building up faster than the rest of your body. That is why you should talk to a professional trainer about the workout program that would suit you best.