I am planning to start with squats. I need to strengthen my muscles in low back area and also my stomach muscles. I am not that thin but don’t want to lose on weight because my immunity is not that well. But I also would like to avoid gaining weight due to muscle building. Are squats related to bigger thighs?

I would suggest you to try with some other kinds of exercising. Why don’t you start with pilates or yoga? There is no risk of affecting immunity, losing weight or gaining bigger thighs. Yoga strengthens back muscles excellent. Maybe squats would be too heavy for you weak back muscles. Injuries are not rare in improper techniques of performing squats.

Hello raff,

I agree with portner . You should get involve in Pilates or yoga or maybe you can find some trainer who will do both with you. Or you can simply start with both and organize yourself so you are one day on yoga and second one on Pilates and believe me it is not true when they say that practicing every day isn’t good. On the contrary it is very healthy and the only thing you need to do is to listen to your body.

Both of these disciplines will strengthen your spinal muscles and you will not lose any significant weight although I suggest that you increase intake of vitamins if your immune system is weak.