I am working out in the gym for several months. As I am beginner I got trainer who is practicing individual trainings with me. He always insists on stretching on the beginning and at the end of training. Stretching is pretty boring for me and I don't see the purpose of it as stretching does not make my muscles bigger.

I have to tell you that stretching has enormous role in developing your muscles. Stretching before weight training can actually improve your overall lift strength, as well as your endurance. When your muscles are not stretched there are some areas inside muscle which are already flexed. These parts of muscle will not participate in muscle work as other fibers do.
These "knots" often remained flexed regardless of the range of the motion.
Stretching after workout has two benefits: It makes range of motion much bigger, and helps to remove waste which has build up during work out.