Hi, I have been going to aerobic classes for the last five months. Since I never worked out before the first two months were pretty excruciating. But now this routine W-Sat-Sun is just not enough. I feel like I could do more than this. When I have talked to my trainer about it, she says that working out this way is enough and that I shouldn't strain myself. Do you think that W-Sat-Sun workout program is enough?

Hi, I know what you are talking about. When I first started to go to my aerobics class, every muscle in my body hurt for two weeks. But in time I got into shape and after a while a workout program every second day was just not enough. I felt I could do much more. So, like you I too talked to my aerobic instructor about my desires. And she has told me that second day workout routine is the best. This is because when you work out, your muscles are being traumatized. The day between the two workouts is the time when your muscles recuperate. And while they recuperate, they are growing and getting stronger. But a workout program in which you workout on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays doesn't fit this theory. However, you will not accomplish more if you work out every day. You should try working out on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays because this way you will have more frequent workout. Since I have achieved the maximum in that workout group, my instructor has suggested that I join a more advanced group. This was an excellent idea because this was exactly what I needed. You should talk to your instructor about this too if in time you decide you need another change. But this time you shouldn't do the same routine more often, but start a more demanding workout at the same frequency.