I am now 14. I started lifting 5kg weights when I was 13 years old. I began to use them up to 5times a week until my arms started to hurt. Later on I began to go to the gym and lift dumbells weighing 12.5kg. Recently I have stopped doing weights as I am worried I mint of stunted my growth and I'd like to know if there is a good chance I have, and also what kinds of excercises are best if I wish to gain muscle but not endanger my growth.

Hi there! I dont think you could cause any harm by doing weight lifting. Just make sure that you do all the exercises with proper technique.

I have heard that boys are frequently worried about this and I can’t believe that you really believe in such nonsense. First of all in your age it is very healthy and helpful to workout. And second, mostly your height depends on your genes. Although we avoid believing that genetics are essential I must say that it plays very big part.  So look at your parents and you will know the answer to the most of your questions.

And start again with the gym. If you want to gain more muscles consult with your trainer and ask him for the best exercises in your case. Just be persistent and the results will come very soon. Also adjust your nutrition to the level of the exercising.