Hello, I have a bit of a problem. My neck glands are swollen and I do not understand why is that happening. Would extreme exercise cause that? I practice martial arts almost every day, and sometimes training process is really exhausting. Maybe that is a reason. Are my assumptions correct?

I am afraid not. I mean exercises, no matter how hard they are, can only strengthen the immune system and that will not allow glands to swell. Perhaps we are talking about some infection you are not aware of, because you feel no symptoms (that is common with men and urinary infections). I think that you should do blood and urine test first, after that, things will be much clearer.

As much as I know your lymph nodes only get swollen if you have some kind of an infection in your body. Exercise is something that shouldn’t cause your lymph nodes to get swollen so I think that you should rule out this as an option an try to find the right cause of the swelling. Where are your lymph nodes swollen? The swelling usually indicates that that part of your body is under some attack and that it needs treatment. You can always go to hospital and run some test of your lymphatic system. Sometimes the trauma to your lymph nodes might cause them to get bigger but they go back to normal after day or two.

I hope that this helped.