Hi there,

I have been reading through everyones posts and answers and I am a little confused. I am hoping someone will be able to help me.

I am 25 years old and I have been taking Alesse for over a year now. My LMP began on MARCH 7th and I would have been due for my next on APRIL 4th. I am very regular.
So what happened is I started brown spotting on MARCH 28th which was very light and could only be seen after wiping. (as of MARCH 28th I still had 4 active day pills left which I continued to take) This spotting lasted until Thursday April 5th, it was not heavy,nothing like my normal period. I didn't need a pad or tampon but wore a liner in case. Now I have tender breasts and nipples and I feel slight cramping in my pelvic region, it feels as if my period will start any minute but when I check there is nothing. I took a HPT on Thursday April 5th and Sunday April 8th which were both negative (they were the dollar store brand so I'm not sure if they even work). I am wondering if I could possibly be pregnant? Or maybe something else is going on. I did get pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago when taking birth control that was not strong enough but my doc has changed my pills since and I have had no problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sarah

Just an update that still no period but still I have cramping like my period will be starting, still have breast tenderness. No more spotting etc. I have a Dr.s appointment this afternoon and will update what I find out there.

So I had my appointment yesterday afternoon. The doctor did a urine test to check for pregnancy and for infections both were negative, Because I have all the symptoms of pregnancy and still have not have my period which is over a week late and because of my history of getting pregnant while on birth control she has sent me for a blood test to check HCG levels. I now have to wait for the blood test to come back. I will let you now what I find out. Also she was a litlle concerned that I could have an etopic pregnancy, having the cramping (like period is coming and no period and the tender breasts, area around nipples has gotten larger and has little bumps like goose bumps) she says that the birth control pills can cause this. Has anyone ever experienced an etopic pregnancy? If so can you let me know if any of the symptoms of a regular pregnancy differ from the symptoms of an etopic pregnancy? Any input in greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dear Sarah my name is karen and I have had an ectopic pregnancy 4 years ago the first signs are very painful cramps like a period pain in the lower part of your abdome either left or right but you are crippled with the pain there is no blood only a scan or enderscope can tell if you are having a ectopic pregnancy you can not feel any lumps just really bad pain only in one side I really hope you are not having one of these because if you are the chances of getting pregnant are slim if the drs tell you ,you still can I have been trying for 4 years and no luck I only have one full left tube my right is cut 4 inches shorter so no sperm can get in please write back and let me know how you got on GOOD LUCK from karen