I had rotator cuff surgery 15 years ago.  I started tennis lessons several weeks back and lately, I experience cracking and popping in the same shoulder mainly if I through a softball or football.  Is his something I need to check out or is it par for the course? 

Health Advisor

Hello, ventana. 

Although rotator cuff surgery isn't always successful, fact that you hear and feel cracking 15 years after it, can be a reason to seek a doctor's opinion. Given that enough time has passed since operation, your shoulder is healed as it must. 

Do you feel any pain, even a small one? Or slight discomfort? If so, I strong recommend that you go to the doctor.

A friend of mine had RCS last year, after he injured shoulder on his basketball game. His recovery period was nearly a year long. But now he plays basketball again, and doesn't have any problems with shoulder.