hi all
just wondering if someone can give me an opinion.
i started my period on 12th Jan and yesterday the 29th Jan i started to have some cramping but no bleeding. i am due for my period in 9-10 days and was wondering if this is implantaion cramping and could i be pregnant? or could i be feeling menstrual cramping from now?
thanks heaps for any replies.
colette

I can relate - my last period started on 01/12; however, I've had brown and then pinkish discharge from 01/26 until 01/29 - today I've had cramping. It is possible for some women to experience implantation cramping or bleeding based on information that I have read.

Are your periods usually regular? Are you experiencing any breast soreness?

hi again
yes periods are usually about 28-29 day cycle. i have a little nipple tenderness and occasionally i feel a dull pain in the breast area. do you know if its possible to get pre-menstrual cramps now and also i have been abit constipated where i dont usually have this problem. can pms cause constipation or is it a pregnancy symptom?
thanks for replying
its great to have this forum, isnt it?

Hi there Colette! In my personal experience I would say that even if implantation occurred, the constipation and urinary symptoms would be too early to be happening.
I am not even convinced that your cramping was implanation cramping because implantation usually happens 6-12 days post ovulation. If your menstrual cycle is regular the dates 29th and 30th would be your ovulating days but not implanting.
However, to every rule there’s an exception. One of my friends got pregnant 3 days prior to her period.
Constipation and urinary problems do develop in the early pregnancy but not that early. So many women suffer from constipation during pregnancy and unfortunately so many of them develop hemorrhoids. Constipation is caused by the rise of the progesterone levels, which can slow down the digestive process, colons absorb a lot of water and make passing stool harder.
In case constipation becomes your problem, make sure you get a lot of fluids, exercise and eat a lot of fruits and vegetable especially those that are rich in fiber. You could also try taking some fiber supplements.
Urinary problems usually develop when uterus has already expanded and is putting pressure on the bladder, which is certainly not your case yet.

Unfortunately, it won’t help you to get tested now. Hormone pregnancy tests work the best one day after your period is supposed to start not sooner.

How long have you been trying to get pregnant? It is said that pregnancy occurs within one year of trying if everything’s ok! Good luck! Let me know if you did get pregnant! That would be great, wouldn’t it?

hi Lori
thanks for replying.
yes i have a daughter thats 2yrs old and last July i had my 2nd daughter born 10 weeks prem and died 4 days later.
i was doing some calculations and figured out that based on a 28-29 day cycle then wouldnt my ovulation day be at day 14 or 15 which would be around the 25th jan. the first day of my period was the 12th jan.
also i noticed that a couple of days before i ovulated i had watery, egg like cervical mucous and on the days 28-29th it was white and thickish.
i thought fertile mucous was egg white like.
who knows, with my second daughter i was 3 weeks late for period and 3 pregnancy tests later, they were all negative. did one a week and finally the 4th one was positive. go figure !!
look forward to your thoughts
colette

Hi! I am very sorry to hear about your other daughter.

How old are you anyway? Have you been checking FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)? I have been reading about this hormone some days ago. It is made by pituitary gland in the brain and it encourages the growth of eggs in women and sperm in men.

The levels of this hormone could approximately show you the number of eggs that you have available for fertilization. But this test is usually performed by women who are older than 35. If the levels of this hormone are abnormal, it means that you’re likely to have a miscarriage or that a baby may suffer from genetic abnormalities.

What was your 2nd child’s death diagnose? Was it SIDS?

You could be right about your ovulating date and implantation, I miscalculated, I thought your period began on the 15th, I am sorry. Yes, then your ovulation should have occurred around 25th. However, I still think it is too early for the constipation and urination problems. But, who knows!

Why don’t you call a gynecologist’s office and make an appointment for an ultrasound if you can’t wait until your period’s date?

hi lori
thanks again for your thoughts.
i am 35yrs old. my daughter died unexpectadly from a massive acute pulmonary haemorrhage which is basically a massive bleeding of the lungs, they stopped the bleeding but couldnt get her heart to beat again.
i'll wait till next wednesday and do a test, if i am pg it should come up.
i'll keep you posted.
thanks lori
colette

Hi! Good luck to U and let me know how it went!

Lori

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years now. I've taken chlomid for the last two months. I'm on day 18 of my cycle and for the last 4 days have been experiencing some cramping. I'm wondering if this could be associated with implantation. I hope. I hope. I hope. I also have been having some clear-white discharge. Any thoughts??? I don't know what to expect at all...

Well I finised my period last sundayy me and my partner had sex on Tuesday and I woke up wit period type pains it was day 7 yesterday sine my period finished what could it be