My boyfriend and I have recently become sexually active. I am very worried that I am pregnant; I worry about everything. We had sex this past sunday, the 16th. We used a condom and the pull out method as a form of birth control . To the naked eye there was no holes or tears in the condom. I am aware that microscopic holes could be there and I just cant see them. But what are the chances of that causing pregnancy? My period shouldnt be due for another 2 weeks considering the fact I just ovulated. Since I over react, ive become very impatient and scared. I woke up at 5am with cramping, diarrhea, and feeling a little nausea but never throwing up( sorry tmi ). That is what inspired me to ask this question. Occasionally, I get those symptoms after eating a food my body rejects. But I havent eaten since 7pm and that was almost 10 hours ago. What's the chance of me being pregnant?

Dear Hazel

Not TMI rather NEI!

I take it that your period is due on 3rd Jan. That means you could have ovulated today (20th Dec) as a period arrives a fortnight after ovulation if fertilisation and implantation has not occurred.

Although you were in your fertile days on 16th Dec, fertilisation cannot take place until ovulation has occurred, and implantation does not happen until some days later. So on that basis, you cannot be pregnant yet.

If you think you ovulated earlier (perhaps through basal temperature checking), then let me know.

Hope this helps

Oh my jeeez thank you for the positive reply lol! I know there's still a chance of pregnancy. But I have a 32 day cycle and its regular. I think I ovulated yesterday though and implantation shouldnt occur for maybe 10-14 days I heard so you are very much correct. But im having cramps and its confusing me and making me feel sick. Im very young and my parents know that I am sexually active but im scared to tell them I need a pregnancy test . Which is why I cant take one :/

Dear Hazel

Implantation takes place 9 days (+/- 3) after ovulation. I think it is highly unlikely you will get pregnant from what you have said.

If your parents know you are sexually active, then they would not be surprised if you want to take a pregnancy test! How old (young) are you? Where do you live? There are often sexual health services available you younger people.

Take care, and if you want to talk privately, feel free.