Hey guys. I'm 34 and I've been lifting weights for 11 years. 3 years ago I stopped going to gym and got back to regular food and regular inactivity. Thanks to my old/new nutrition style I've gained a lot of weight, like 35lbs. I am getting ready to go back to the gym and one of my first goals is to lose all fat, or at least most of the fat. Then I'd try to maintain that and start building muscles. What kind of training style should I go with for fat loss? How long should it take? Not impatient, just curious. I'd appreciate any advice.

Hi. To lose weight it is suggested that you combine both cardio and weight training. You'll burn calories with weight training, but not as fast as when you run or move. Do some exercises that requires moving such as walking, jogging, running, swimming or bike riding. Cardio is crucial. These exercises will get your heart pumping and that will help you burn the weight off quickly. Include push ups, pull ups, crunches, curl ups, leg stretches, yoga stretches, calf raises, and squats. You don't need equipment to perform these. Then you can take some dumbbells and do some easy bicep curls, military presses, and lateral raises. Diet is very important so try to stay away from sugar, white flour products, and fast food.