Hi there! I am new here and I am a crohn's disease patient. Lately, now that the fall has begun and winter is coming along soon, I have been suffering from a lot of bad joint pains. I know that this is just a nasty part of crohn's disease, but if there is anything you can suggest to make it a bit better at least, that would be very welcome.

we can't really help you with many concrete answers for you, because the truth is that crohn's disease joint pain can have many different causes. Sometimes it is just genetic, sometimes it is due to fistulas and other times it can be the result of dehydration. I do hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. You are right, I really should not expect any answers from random strangers on the internet. When I feel severely limited in my movements because of the pain, I do wish that there is someone who would just come up with some kind of a miraculous solution for me! I guess I just needed to vent...

I have joint pain and arthritis and crohn's as well as fibromyalgia. My rheumatologist gave me effexor xl (antidepressant) and it has helped some along with neurontin. I will try Cymbalta if these two together donot do the trick. Try moist heating pad and fishoil everyday and Vit. D3 is very important as well.Also take ginger capsules twice a day. It helps all inflammation. Hope this helps you!!!