Mark on 4/14/12 I have cut back from 2.5 packs a day for 12 years to 6 a day for the last 10 days cold turkey. I have some questions every day my nose is clogged and a can barely breathe I have aches in my back I just feel wierd is this normal for cutting back and not quitting? I also cut back on coffee from 10 cups a day to 4or5 I also feel really tired every day.

Cutting down on your caffeine by half is what's making you tired I expect. Barely being able to breathe and the clogged nose if you've only had it since cutting down might just be a cold or chest infection because cutting down would only make your breathing easier as nicotine inflammes parts of the lungs so cutting down will make these air ways bigger. But I'm no doctor, head to your GP in a week if it doesn't get any better.

Could the heavy smoking for so long have masked allergies? Because my nose is completely clogged/running since cutting back. Mark on 4/14/12 I have cut back from 2.5 packs a day for 12 years to 6 a day for the last 10 days cold turkey. I have some questions every day my nose is clogged and a can barely breathe I have aches in my back I just feel wierd is this normal for cutting back and not quitting? I also cut back on coffee from 10 cups a day to 4or5