Searching for the Top Ten Deadliest spiders in the world for a research paper... Many sites and authors have posted there views on the deadliest, but each one is a different view.. The spider that i found was the deadliest was the "Sicarius Hahni"

any information would be helpful
thank you!

Alan

Hi atrh_116,
I really don't know much about this but I can quote for wikipedia:
"The six-eyed sand spider (Sicarius hahni) is a medium-sized spider with body measuring 8 to 15 mm and legs spanning up to 50 mm, found in deserts and other sandy places in southern Africa. It is a member of the Sicariidae family; close relatives may be found in both Africa and in South America, and its near cousins, the recluses (Loxosceles), are found worldwide. Due to its flattened stance and laterigrade legs, it is also sometimes known as the six-eyed crab spider. Bites by Sicarius are uncommon; there are no proven cases and only two suspected cases where the culprit was never identified."

Was this helpful?

dark_red wrote:

Hi atrh_116,

Was this helpful?