I had 2 torn ligaments with detached muscles.  My surgery was 13 weeks ago.  While doing my therapy I noticed when I lift my arm out to the side that my shoulder raises up about an inch.  I can not make it not raise up when I raise my arm out.  Has anyone else had this problem and does it go away?

I have the same problem. I had my surgery 3 months ago. Did urs get any better yet?

I had shoulder surgery 8 weeks ago (slap II tear, bicep tenodesis, two partial torn rotator musces and subacromial debridement)... also have  same"deformed" shoulder when I lift it to the side and front.  The physical therapist told me it is due to weakened muscles... so as they get stronger, the "deformity" will subside.  It could take about a year for the shoulder to return to normal, but keep doing the prescribed physical therapy to strengthen your muscles.  Hang in there!  Hope this helps!!! 

I also have the same issue. I am so glad to see this thread and that other have this "deformity"....I was beginning to really worry. My PT said the same thing that it was due to using other muscles and would take time to go back to normal.