Hey people. I don't know how to describe you how I feel. My life is really good, I have my family, friends, good job and the boyfriend who loves me. And I am happy. At least, I think that I am happy. But some days I'm feeling so depressed all of a sudden and out of nowhere. Nobody bothers me, no one is doing something to make me feel bad, no. I just start to cry or to scream to someone and I don't know why. I was wondering did anyone in here had similar problem?

Why do i feel depressed all of a sudden and out of nowhere?

Tnx.

Hey Leyla.

Well, this condition can be very hard. There are several explanations for this condition. Sometimes you can just think about some bad period in your life or some bad experience or something else. Those situations can leave you very depressed and sometimes you can feel really bad because of them. It is a depression out of the nowhere.

Tell me, are you thinking about some bad things, some bad situations in your life very often? Because this could be a reason…You should stop thinking about it. You should start to think about something nice and this will probably go away very soon.

Depression is mostly connected to overthinking or no thinking at all (when you already concluded that your life is horrible and stuff like that). Are you overthinking something, or everything?

There are a few types of overthinking but all of them are more or less bad. If you have bad thoughts, or black thoughts while overthinking, it can lead to depression in a matter of seconds. Just one really bad thought can put you in a bad mood for an entire day, or an entire week. That it why it is very important to stay positive in life no matter what happens.

I'm sorry Leyla, but nobody here knows you, and you really didn't give us any info that we could use in order to help you out here. I mean, you said it yourself, your life is really good, you have family and friends, a good job and a boyfriend who loves you. And you said as well that you are feeling depressed all of a sudden and without a proper reason (there is no reason in this whole world to be depressed by the way).

If you think that there is no reason for this depression, then it might be just a phase.

Guest is somewhat right here. I'm sure that there is actually a reason why this is happening to you, nothing ever happens without a reason, but from what you just wrote, I am sure that nobody can give you a precise answer on why are you feeling depressed "all of a sudden and out of nowhere". 

I can only agree with what Deni wrote above, bad thoughts and overthinking tend to be the main causes of depression which can occur all of a sudden. If it is the case, you have a battle with your thoughts ahead of you which won't be easy at all, I can tell you that.

Hi Leyla,

You need to know that depression, whatever the cause of it, is not something to be fought alone. You need someone to talk to about this, someone closest to you, someone who you can open up to and tell him or her everything. That might be the first step towards figuring out what is wrong and then fixing it. If this person doesn't help, and you can't help yourself, then you can start searching for professional help, like a psychologist or something. I honestly think that nobody in this world can help you more and then a good friend can though.

I believe that you are right, TickleClock, friends are indeed very important, I mean, not only for depressed people but for everybody on this world. They can make you smile on your worst day of life, doesn't that tell you something already?

We can't really tell you why do you start to feel depressed all of a sudden and out of nowhere, but if you think about it or talk to someone about it, you can probably figure it out yourself. I'd suggest you spend some quality time with yourself, somewhere outdoors, and think about everything that could be the cause of this.

there is what you call an exterior depression and an interior depression - the exterior one is when you get depressed because you lost your job . death in the family , you lost your boyfriend etc .then theres the interior depression which is usally cause by a chemical inbalance in the brain. and you get depress for no good reason. this is a little harder to treat and is usally treated with medication and therapy some people respond rather quickly with treatment other dont some people can have both interior or exterior depression for the rest of their life the good thing is that theres help out there .seek treatment leyla and i hope this help.... god bless

Dear Leyla, In my experiences, a lot of the time it would usually be a hormone imbalance .  I'm forty years of age but even in my twenties and thirties , I would occasionally have these imbalances which would cause me to have quite similar episodes of what you've described , unfortunately dear. But then again, if you have a family history of the behavior, then genetics could be the cause or a little of both. I would have my hormone levels checked first before getting on psychiatric medication & if it's not your hormones out of whack, I'd recommend    an Overall health/physical examination still with all the blood tests an so on , just to rule out as much as possible physically first. because as we know, the physical can affect us mentally and/or vice versa. Just try some relaxation exercises like yoga & meditation until you know exactly what may be causing these mood swings. Oh!  And also be sure to eat well an exercise to help reduce your stress. I hope you know very soon , so you can get the relief you need for whatever's been the cause of what your sadly having to go through dear.  Best of luck and God bless.

Hey there. I was controlling my hormones a couple of months ago and everything was good. I am wondering can this be changed after a while, can I have this hormone imbalance after a couple of months after I was doing this test? I didn't know that I can and really in my family no one ever had this problem with imbalance.
To be honest with you, I don't exercise almost never and I don't eat very healthy because I have really heavy job and I don't have a time to eat at all. So I really don't know what to do and how to behave but I really feel so depressed everyday.

Good day everyone. I lost my friend because of the depression. She believed that she was alone even if she wasn't, even if we were with her all the time and we were supporting her in every single thing. She was depressed after her husband left her for some younger girl and she couldn't deal with it. She started to believe that she is ugly and old and that no one will ever love her again. She started to have those treatments, because she wanted to be beautiful and she become obsessed because with it. That can be really bad. She moved away from the city and I haven't heard about her since. She couldn't deal with herself and she didn't want us to help her. It can be very dangerous for the person and the cause needs to be cured.