I myself know that depression can affect you in a more worse way than any other condition or disease can. When I was told that I have depression, I kind of didn't make a big deal about it because I thought that I was going in that direction and it was a matter of time until people around me would notice it as well.

But now, the woman that I have been completely in love with for the past eight years seems like a stranger to me, it happened all of a sudden with no particular reason. I feel like I have fallen out of love with her, and I think that depression is the guilty one here.

When depressed, I believe that your thoughts are irrational, and untrue. You believe them to be true but it's a false reality. A little devil whispering untruths in your ear. In every book I have read it says that you shouldn't make any major changes in your life during a bout, you will regret it when you are well. For example, moving house, ending a relationship, leaving your job, and stuff like that. Depression has a way of messing up someone's thoughts completely so if I were you, I wouldn't make any big decisions while depressed, I wouldn't make the small ones either.

Hi Stradivarius,

The advice that Guest gave you there is probably the best advice out there that you are going to get. It is very important for you not to make any big decisions while depressed, otherwise, when you get out of this situation, you are probably going to regret them and they might be irreversible.

Now about your question, depression can make you feel like you have fallen out of love, it can make you feel like nobody likes you and you don't like nobody, like you are all alone in this world. Just try to make peace with your thoughts, it might be the first good step.

I didn't really do anything so far but everything seems kind of right, you know. However, I understand that I changed my point of view and my thoughts because of my depression. I talked to a friend of mine who knows both my wife and me and he told me that I have gone insane if I even think about leaving my wife or anything, even if I just think that we are not right for each other anymore. I don't know, it isn't easy, I know that I might not be right, but all of these feelings are still there and they won't go away.

Hey everyone.

Sure it can. Why? Because you are nervous and you think that you don't care about anyone at all. When you are depressed and sad, everything is bothering you, everything is irritating you and very often people make some bad decisions while they are depressed. For example, I broke up with one guy in the college because I was depressed because of my grades. 

When I was feeling much better, I was sorry because of it, of course, but he didn't want to have anything with me anymore. 

Don't rush with conclusions and decisions. My advice is to wait. 

Good day folks. 

Sure it can. We all do know that depression is a serious mood disorder and that it can affect anything. I have one friend who was depressed because her hairdresser "destroyed" her hair. It was not a big deal, but she was really nervous for more than 10 days and she was really depressed. So she was fighting with her boyfriend all the time in those 10 days and one day she came to me telling me that she is not in love anymore and that she hates him. I was talking to her, telling her that she needs to relax and that everything is going to be OK. And of course, it was. 

Hey there. Sure it can and I am example for this situation as well. When you are depressed you hate the world. Been there, seen that. 

Depression can mess with your life in really bad way. I did this, I ended up the relationship because I was depressed and of course, I was sorry about this after a while. But I knew it that this was only my mistake, no one forced me to do this.

So, you need to stop and think for a second. My advice is to go somewhere where you can be alone with your mind and your thoughts. People who love you will understand it.