Im trying to have a girl... So I got my Period on April 17 and I ovulated (according to online charting) on May 1st. My husband an I stop haveing sex on April 29th (all shallow penetration) witch is about 2 days before ovulation. Today (May 2) I have had a lot of cervical mucus and yesterday (May 1st "ovulation day ") I had it too with a very very very slight pink brownish color spotting also some cramping on my right side but nothing too strong...What are the chances that the sperm reach the egg? And that the egg was fertilized and attached to the uterus ?

Hi Mari,

The odds would be about 1 chance in 5.  That's as good as they get.  There is no guarantee that you will get pregnant.

It's too early to say if the egg has implanted yet.  It takes some time for the egg to move down the fallopian tubes, be fertilized, and implant, possibly up to 4 days.

Wait at least 2 weeks, preferably 3, before you test.  It takes time for the hormone level (hCG) that the tests look for to rise high enough to detect.

Good luck.

Thank you I'll get back in 2-3weeks and let you know if it happened ;)