Hi all. I really hope someone here will be able to help me. I’m 21 and have problem I don’t know how to solve. The thing is when I have an erection my testicles recede so far in that they almost disappear!!! It looks like I don't have a scrotum anymore – there’s nothing hanging there!!! I remember seeing on some show someone call in and ask this exact same question and the doc answered it was not normal and should be corrected… Other than this testicle disappearing problem I have no other problems – I can produce sperm, have no testicle pain…Should I have something done about it??? Should I see the doc and take procedure of some kind??? Thanks for any replies!!!

When men or women become sexually aroused, a number of different muscles involuntarily contract, which regulates everything from blood supply to positioning of genitals. One such muscle is called the cremaster muscle (not sure on the spelling) which lifts the testicles up. This usually happens when man is extremely aroused. Not only there is nothing wrong with this happening but it's one great way to assess the arousal state of the guy too!!! The only time there would ever be a problem with the testicles rising up (or disappearing, as you say) is if they don't come back down again. In that case you should seek some medical help because that can be very painful and dangerous!!

Hi Im a 23 year old bloke who has also suffered recently from the dissapearing testicles. It happened Sunday evening. I have read both comments regarding this from other people but neither person has mentioned about a dull ache. Since it has happened they have returned to their normal place, but I am suffering from a dull ache. The testicles are not sore or hurting as such but there is a constant dull ache. Has anyone else suffered form this? If so how long did it last? Thanks.

HI there Humble! I accidentally ran into your question when looking something for my boyfriend,( that’s why I like this site, one can always run into interesting things ) and I got interested, so I looked on the net about this stuff, and there it said that this disappearing, as you guys call, is normal. There is this muscle called cremaster muscle or something which contracts during sexual arousal and it lifts the testicles up. There it also said that the problem would be if they didn’t come back bc testicles are outside so that they can stay cool bc the warmth fries sperm. And as you said, they didn’t mention anything about this dull ache you are feeling, so I can’t help you with this. If you are so worried, maybe you should go and have them checked up!!!! Good luck!

I have sort of the same problem, When i suck in my stomach, is that bad? they just "disapear" untill i stop suckin in my stomach, for example i first encounterd this when i was doing deep breathing exercises, %-)

I also have this problem ( when being erected ) but my friend who studies medicine told me it is normal in some men, that there shouldn’t be anything wrong with disappearing testicles unless they don’t come back. It is just this muscle that pulls them inside. I think you shouldn’t be worried if you don’t have any other problems with it. Is it causing you this dull ache like at Humbles, or you just notice them being gone?

I just noticed them being gone, no pain whatsoever.

Then, I don't think you should be worried! But if you DO get some other weird symptoms you know where to go! Take care

Hi All! Just to let you know, the dull ache has gone! This stopped after a couple of days. Thursday was the last day of "the aching". I went to the docs tues night and he said everything was in full working order etc and that nothing had been twisted or damaged. He said the aching was probably due to them dissapearing into a place where they hadnt been before. I was worried about what would happen the next time I had sex, but thankfully I can report that everything was ok over the weekend and I dont seem to of done any damage. Thanks all to your support and advise.

Hey, don't worrie about it Humble!!! It is good that everything turned out well for you and that the pain is gone.

im 15 yrs. old well i took a nap one about 7:30pm woke up around 10:00pm and i had erection (mispelled). then once i lost the boner my testicles didnt come back down and im not sure wat to do i need some help. can this be corrected?

I often have this occurance too, my testicles rise upwards so it looks like i have no scrotum, I move them back down asap but it's it's little embrassing having to do this. It's good to know there is nothing wrong, but is there any vitamin/supplement etc that can help reduce this happening, my testies are quite small so guessed it was something to do with this. I don't have a problem ejaculating, i just wish they were a little bigger and stayed where they ought to be.

I have the same problem during and after ejaculation or when it's cold. My urologist told me I have two problems. My cremaster muscle is over developed and the testicles are not attached to the scrotum. Both are birth defects.

So I will have a chunk taken out of both muscles and the testes attached. The urologist has been in practice for 50 years and has only seen this situation twice.

I did not find any info on the net about this so this may help someone else. It's is painful and potentially dangerous. The whole surgery and recovery process makes me cringe. But it needs to be fixed.

Maybe the pain is the tension or tightness of your scrotum or. Say you had a small wound or pain when you had sex. And the muscle there tightens and hurts. I don't understand. What do you mean your scrotum or testicles disappear? You mean like it sucks itself? Because I never experienced it before. How can you get it? Sex?

Hi, having read your posts, i would like to say that i have had disapearing testicles for years now, during arousel that get pushed up in to my abdomen almost and all i have to do is press firmly and they drop back down, but this can been painfull sometimes and lately i have been having a strong dull ache where this acours and it has been bugging me for some time.

Should i see a doctor with this or is this just where the testicles have been and is normal?