Reading your words make me cry. I going through some similar situation. I married my husband 2 years ago, we met in 1995 and he was going through his first divorce. Five years after we started dating, we worked together and started a bussiness together, and he was very rude to me, he swer at me and he verbaly abused me. I din't do anything, I didn't resigned or leave him. I loved him. He used to appologized and said that he was going through the worst time of his life. I understood him. Then, two years ago he had to leave our country and I married him, even thought I was planning to break up with him, because of his unger, and bad temper. We got married and came to US. It is just the two of us.

I had some friends here, and they were like my family, but unfortunately he doesn't like them and neither them. Therefore, I stoped talking to them. " I feel bad about it". In addition, he hates my sister, because she tried to brake us apart ( I know that she was trying to protected me because he was so dominant and he insolated me from everybody). But he says that he doesn't want to see her here. I love my sister I do not imagine a life with out her.

Any way, It haven't been easy, we argue a lot, he screams at me everytime he is upset, and I started doing the same thing to him. He tells me that I Humilliated him because I'm the only one who is working.

But a week ago, we started arguing for something. We were planing to go to cinema and becasue he got upset he broked the movie tickets and told me that we were going home because of my attitude. I was really upset, and for the first time I said no to him. I told him that I was going to see the movie. He left, and I entered to see the movie, I have a nice time by myself. But when I came back home I entered to the restroom, and he pushed the bathroom door and grabed me from my hair and took me to our room. I was really scare. He said terrible things. He said that I was cheating . I would never do that to him. So I wait for an hour and left home. Right now he has been apologizing and we are seeing a marriage counselor. But I do not feel the same. I know I love him, but I don't know if I should leave him. I started imagine a live with him, and I am not sure if I will be happy and what if he does it again?. At the moment, I don't even want to talk to him, and he starts getting upset, so he starts saying things again, manipulating I think!

I don't know what to do. I am scared I will miss him, I am scare I will never find somebody like him ( I mean, not that bad part, but the rest is pretty nice).

PLease advice. I know I have to take this decision by myself but I don't see the light at the end of the tunel.

Thanks

im really sorry to hear all this, i was married before too and my ex husband was the same thing and we have a daughter together but we are divorced now and he left me when i was pregnant for another women and now he feels bad but now i just got married to a wonderful man i was a single mom for 5 years and it was veryyyyy hard but i had faith in God and that kept me going, your lucky you don't have kids trust me and men like that never change, my own father told me when i was pregnant to have abortion and i got very upset and my father said im telling you this because men don't change and i thought he will change once he see's his own child but trust me he didn't and my father was right, my father said men are like dogs, they don't change no matter what, and i think he is so right, i rather cry once then crying everyday for the rest of my life, and you have to think to yourself what makes you happy not what makes others happy, make a list of the good things and the bad things in him and see if the bad list keeps on going then you know what to do, and please stop thinking about what others think because when things get really bad no one by your side but yourself so don't let anyone push you down, keep your head up, as long as you know your right thats all it matters and have faith in God and he will help you as you move on, look forward stop thinking about the past and think with your head not your heart, because heart don't feed you or pay your bills, think with you head, and i pray and wish you all the luck and the happiness, i really hate it when i hear people are getting divorce because its not easy thing its very hard and i wouldn't wish it for anyone even my enemy

Hi honey! I don't think anyone of us can tell you to get a divorce or stay! BUT I want to ask you something?! When you were in that movie, just watching it and not worrying about "humiliating him, angering him, enraging him" how did you feel? Were you able to exhale?!! Men and women with SUCH RAGE! don't change without MAJOR MAJOR help from a psychologist! He is already divorced and I am pretty sure it would have been the same reason - even though he told you different! It is in your best interests to give yourself some space from this VERY angry man! There are MANY women buried in the ground, that stayed with abusive partners honey! I don't want you to become a statistic! The problem with you being married to him is that you probably wouldn't have, if the point wasn't been pushed by moving countries! He is a CLASSIC abuser, he is keeping you from your family and friends! So NO ONE finds out HIS dirty little secret! Abusers are CLASSIC con artists! They can abuse you behind closed doors, yet appear to be the best person ever outside those doors!

You say "I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel" the tunnel is HIM!! so how can you see it? The tunnel is a way of saying that HE is darkness! And because of him and his abuse you CANT see the light! So you need to look around him and past him and focus on that light that he IS hiding! So focus on yourself and seeing more light! He has his own to deal with, he NEEDS MAJOR work! You need to focus on loving yourself enough NOT to take this and have enough faith in yourself to stand alone if need be! Sometimes being alone - which doesn't mean ALONE, it means without someone next to you! Is FAR better that you BEING ALONE, standing next to this person!! Does that make sense? Good luck and strength to you honey!

wow you are uneducated woman !!! you went to see the movie and you left you husband alone at home wow. Your husband is very polite to you !! if I was me I would divorce before your finish your movie.
>;)

Sounds like he is abusive. Well, to see a counsellor is best. Also, you need a lot of emotional support and guidance to give you the strength to get out of this abusive relationship. Many women out there in this same situation. Rich out for help. Good luck, and best wish. You will see the light at the end of this tunnel without him.

well i suggest you take a break for a bit....reconnect with your old freinds and your sister and everyone he isolated you from if he has truly change he will not try to isolate you and if he does....he will go down the same road so you should divorce him

You must reside in a country where "wife" is just another term for "slave". He left her there-not the other way around. If you were my husband I would not only have left you...with an attitude like that I would also pray you get castrated and perhaps sodomized! Have a lovely day :)

^^that was aimed at youseff's comment BTW