My 11 month old son has been walking now for 3 weeks. Yesterday he woke up and could not longer hold his head up (similar to that of a new born) He could turn his head from side to side though. We spent all day at a Childrens hospital and after several tests and CAT scan they could find now reason for this. When we arrived home my son could not longer walk, crawl or sit up without falling over. Today he has improved but still is very unstable. He just randomly falls. He saw his pediatrician today and could find nothing wrong with him. My son is perfect in every way he just acts like a person who is drunk. Vertigo and an inner ear problem that could not be seen have been the only answer as to what may cause this. I would just like to have some idea what could cause these random events to happen?

It seems to me that your guess of an inner ear problem is pretty good. IT's possible that he may have stuck something in his ear or something like that which would have caused the instability. I am assuming that the doctors already looked into each of his ears to make sure he hasn't ruptured them or anything. Is he being treated for sinuses or anything like that? Please keep us posted.

When my daughter was 16 months old, she was obviously walking, but she began to stagger and stumble. For a minute i thought it was just her getting her sea legs as new toddlers do look drunk when they are walking.
After a few days i noticed a horrible smell around her face area and with further "sniffing" her, the odor was coming from her nose. There was also green "boogies" and mucos from her nostril, just one side, that smelled like, excuse my verbage, poop. I took her to the doctor and after he poked and prodded, found a foreign object way up in her nasal cavity. It was soft and black and could have been a peice of foam or a type of soft material. This caused a bad sinus infection which antibiotics took care of.
In your case, there doesn't necessarily have to be anything stuck in your baby's nose, but it could be a sinus issue. I struggle with bad sinus problems and when i get one i feel like the floor is moving when i walk.

I know you posted this over a year ago, however, the same thing is happening to my 11 month old. He spent 3 days at Children's doing exstensive testing and they found nothing. He is falling over all of the time. What ended up happening to your son? Is he ok now? I am terrible concerned.

I have the same problem with my 16 months old son, there is nothing wrong with his ears. What was the end of story with your children?