I am in a somewhat desperate situation. Our 17 year old some has been diagnosed with sjogren's syndrome. I am not exactly sure what it means. He had problems with dry mouth and ayes also. Also, doctor said that his headaches could be linked to sjongren's syndrome dizziness, but I was not convinced that he knows what he speaks of. He got several medications, but I would like to hear something from someone who knows well about this subject.

My friend has been suffering from this condition couple of years ago. Now, he was told that his immune system is fighting, but doctors could not say what exactly it was fighting. I assume that your son got similar medications (such as Ocuflox and Neosporin for eyes). He was told that antibiotics would help with his dry mouth. To be honest, I do not remember that he had any problem with dizziness. Perhaps a head scan would help him.

Hi, I was diagnosed with sjogrens in January of this year.  I am in my 40s and a woman.  I had chronic sinus infections, ear infections, dry eyes, dry mouth, unexplained dizziness, sores inside my mouth, parotid gland swelling, lymph node swelling, kidney and lunch issues and just generally feeling really crappy all the time.  I also had some heart palpitations with this.  Sjogrens syndrome is not a really well-known syndrome and many rheumatologists do not know enough about it yet.  It can be treated with various medications to help manage the symptoms, but it is an autoimmune disease that never goes away - you have it for life.  Some pople say that they have gone into what they believe to be a "remission" of sorts, I have not experienced that as of yet and I believe I have had it for years and just only recently been diagnosed.  I take plaquenil, which is an antimalarial drug that has shown some improvements in symptoms but I have only been taking it for a little over 3 months and it is well documented that most folks do not show improvements until closer to the 6 month range. 

Being young and being diagnosed with this really must be so very difficult for you and for your son.  I wish you all the best in trying to find a dr who can treat your son and help him lead a normal life.

I got diagnosed with Sjogrens last October but figure I’ve had it for quite sometime. I’m just recently experiencing severe dizziness. I would love to connect to other people who have this disease & see what works & doesn’t work for them. Please reach out to me. Leslie