Hello, good people. My friend complains me how he has a sister that has been diagnosed with depression. She says that she cries all the time. I would like to know if this is common for a depressed person. I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this. Bye!

Hello. A depressed person does not have to cry all the time. In fact, depression means that a person has lack of emotions. He feels emptiness, not classic sadness. A person could cry, but not intensively. Maybe your friend’s sister does not have a depression. I am sorry, but I don’t know details. You could ask some expert about this. Good luck! Bye!

Hello there,

It is quite possible that your friend thinks that his or her sister is depressed because she is crying all the time and in fact she is not diagnosed with this condition. it is very hard and complicated to conlude based on these few information you have provided but anyhow you can ask your friend a little bit more about this and then get more detailed answer.

Sometimes young girls and boys are saying that they are depressed because they are sad but this is wrong, and nobody in our young age doesn’t really know what depression is (and we shouldn’t know anyway).

I hope that your friend is wrong and that his sister doesn’t suffer from depression but instead that she is just sad.