I’ve been diagnosed with psoriasis 3 months ago and for now it’s limited only to skin on my legs. I’ve been trying to learn more about the disease since then, and I guess because no one really knows what causes the psoriasis and what triggers the attack for me isn’t necessarily the same thing for someone else who is suffering from psoriasis, I’m wondering how much truth is there to all the lists and diets of foods to avoid and food to eat when you have psoriasis.

I think I eat relatively healthy now, but if completely cutting out sugar from my diet will help prevent psoriasis to appear, of course I’d try that. But did anybody have any success in preventing psoriasis flare ups by avoiding sugar, gluten or processed foods?

Thanks for help, .

Nick

The body can be a funny thing when it comes to what we put into our bodies.  It may decide one day to reject a food we've enjoyed all of our lives.  You will have to is go on a diet of a food such as rice, for instance, that is known for not causing skin reactions and add a food each day to see if you get a reaction.  If this does not help the psoriasis, it probably isn't food-related.  Have you had success cutting out certain food?  Are there any other psoriasis sufferers out there that find certain foods cause a flare up?  Any stories would be appreciated!