I have psoriasis on my scalp. It is itchy and leaves bad looking flakes on my hair. Is there natural remedy for it? I’m 22, male. This condition worsened within last 6 months.

I use shampoo that contains dithranol and apply cortico steroid cream twice a week. My dermatologist prescribed me this treatment. I also take vitamin D supplements every day, because d vitamin is needed for healthy skin. You have to consult your Gp or dermatologist and to get proper treatment, I do not say that it can be cured, but improved a bit. As I know, shampoos based on salycilic acid and coal tar are also used in treatment of scalp psoriasis.

My wife who is now 36 developed psoriasis when she was 25, then it was only small white flaky patches on his eyelids, over the years it has got worse, she got clinical advice at ******, Learn all about psoriasis treatment, psoriasis symptoms and psoriasis diet and psoriasis medication on above mentioned website.

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

I always wash my hands after touching my hair or scalp. Doctors never tell you this, but if you have itchy scalp and then scratch or rub close to hair roots, and then touch eyes or scratch in ear or nose (bottom), leg, behind knee, etc, you can come into more skin problems that you dont want.

I also do the same when touching the foot area. Especially the foot. I never touch my head or scalp after rubbing someones feet or trying to expire an itch on my heel or the side of my foot. I always wash my hands.

Finger tips can hold microbial grim and molecular deposits of a foot fungus or scalp irritation. Fingernails can hold larger deposits if you use them for scratching scalp. You can often get rid of it with rinsing routinely your fingers and deeper lines of your palms. More exact cleansing occurs when you go the extra step and use foam soap or a bar of anti-bacterial soap that are not too harsh on your skin. You want to use a mild soap, because you are washing the tips of fingers and rinsing hands often. I wash or rinse hands in water, sometimes 25 to 30 times.

I also pay attention to dust that is in the garage or on old books, dirt and various types of soil or weedplants. Sometimes an old pipe in the garage has dirty oil or some type of corrosion on it. If this gets down in the tiny lines of your finger tips, and you get some smeared on your ear or scalp, it can cause an irritation or pecular flare-up.

I also notice my scalp psorisis gets bad if I do not bathe for 2 or more days, 3 and 4 days can cause facial flaking (including eyelids).

One thing I use when I want to "get my scalp clean," is a deep cleaning astringent, like "Sea Breeze."

Also when skin soars start to manifest on me, or skin starts to become rough like a redish welt, these irregularities usually appear on the upper part of my foot near the ankle. I have found that if I wash those areas more vigourously during showers, with a wash cloth, antibacterial soap like dial on the wash cloth, the abrasion or welt goes away. Sometimes it takes a month or so, but it still goes away if I wash it more vigorously with a wash cloth. Every 2 or 3 days is enough.

One thing I use when I want to "get my scalp clean," is a deep cleaning astringent, like "Sea Breeze." I just plan on a longer shower. I wash with normal shampoo or head and shoulders. Wash hair twice, scrubbing scalp more vigorously during second washing with shampoo. Rinse all shampoo out. Then I get the astingent. I buy the large bottles. 10 to 16 ounches (295ML or higher). 24 ounches if they have it. The container usually has a small pop-top and the pour-opening is slightly smaller than a pencil erasure (in diameter). I tip head back 90 degrees and raise bottle to my temple and hairline. This is important, because your hair is wet and you want to avoid getting astringent near eyes....

When hair is wet, wicking can occur. So make sure hair is out of ears and off face and eye areas. I then engage in a series of 1 second and 1/2 second pours. Between pours I give the astringent time to wick and leach out on scalp. Then I rub it in scalp and move it around with my fingertips.

I start with top hair line, right side top, then right temple side. Holding head back so splash goes over the top and back of my head to leach or rinse downward over my back and shoulders area. When right top and temple side of head is done, I go to left side. Top left near hairline, area on side above ears. Then I go to back top, and then back side of head. Keep in mind astringent covers more area when mixed with wetness in hair. Hair wet with astringent can be used like a sponge to move the astringent to other areas in back of scalp, top of head and behind ears. Often times you can get the leaching to go from top to back, so when you get to back side of scalp, you do not need to apply as much astringent.

When working the top hair lines and over ears, it is important to control forward splash and wicking. I hold bottle in one hand, and use other hand as a shield to block forward splashing. Hand is placed tightly above the eyebrows like when a sailor salutes the captain, only tighter, and following natural curvature of temple and brow. I use this method combined with head tilted back, to channel excess flow back on my hair, and to keep splash from trickling in my ears.

I leave astringent on scalp and you can feel the tingle, wow. After two to five minutes, I rinse it all out and scrub scalp while rinsing.

I never let astringent go down on my front side. Always down in back or try to get rinse to go from head to floor of tub, because I do not want watered down astringent to get on my sweet p or gentle gens.

:-D

For spot treatment, sometimes my chest will get a rash red on front, center of my chest. I am somewhat a broad burly man, and with a healthy stand of hair on the chest, skin under chest hair sometimes gets ignored. After treating scalp with astringent, I will spot dab a little on the parts that are giving me the eyebrow of concern. I will also spot dab nose and mouth and neck.

Just pour a little on the palm of hand and splash. Pour some more in palm and dip fingers in for spot dabbing. Put the bottle away when done and rinse
for a couple more minutes. Soap face if you want to, but I dont try to wash the scalp again. I use no conditioner other than what is in the shampoo. I just use water to rinse and vigorously scratch the scalp while rinsing to get it out. After shower I can feel my head tingling for 10 to 20 minutes which means it is still working on a molecular level.

After I get scalp flaking under control with like 3 astringent sessions, on scalp inside of 10 days, I will back off and just use head and shoulder or Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo and scrub the scalp with vigor when I shower. This works good, and allows me to curb the use of astingent to once a month or once every two weeks. In that way I dont feel like I have to be burdened with using a lot of astingent or depriving myself of specialty conditioners after I get it under control.

Other than that, I take no special medicines and I have long stopped buying gadget type remedies like shampoos that make special promises.

For me, and myself, skin irritation, redness and itching (around face and hairlines especially) is a signal I am not washing or bathing as regularly as I should. This is the body's natural way of saying. Hey buster, give me a good scrubbing in the bath please.

sizelove wrote:

I have had the same scalp psoriasis since i was 16 years old and am 28 now, i notice it gets worse in the cold winter & stress. My husband swears you can just scrape it off and thats it, it goes away, YEAH RIGHT!. I recently came across some documentaries that talk about diets and pesticides and all that good stuff (beautiful truth and gerson miracle, netflix) and i feel like diet is the number 1 factor (besides stress). It is a an autoimmune disorder, basically your body attacking itself. So i will be trying the Gerson method, organic homemade juices from fruit and veggies and coffee enemas. it wont be easy, but if you have had it as long as me you will its probably worth it!

I've had psoriasis for 20 years now and found baby shampoo over 6 months as the best solution. Although it won't completely get rid of it, it will control it. Hope it works, it's an annoying condition...

My dermatologist recommended Free & Clear Shampoo & Conditioner - you can buy it over the counter - it's not cheap but it works great!1

I've been using coal tar shampoo for months and it exacerbated the issue. I read black African shampoo is one of the best things for it. Shea Moisure brand is one I'm buying once Ive used the stuff I have up, because it contains no phosphates or salycic acid (sp?) or other irritants which can increase flare ups. Also there are overnight treatments you can do on ur scalp, wearing a shower cap so you don't ruin pillow cases.

I have a question about the sea breeze. What Is the best way to use it an have u seen results.