I’ve been reading a lot of info recently trying to figure out some natural or alternative way of dealing with my psoriasis and even though I’m not too big of a believer that much of the stuff they sell as natural cure for psoriasis works, I’m thinking about trying with bentonite clay, along with cutting out some foods that might be what’s triggering my flare-ups. One thing I’m not yet 100% sure yet is – will applying the bentonite clay directly on psoriasis spot cause even more dryness? I know this clay is used in face masks and as part of detox diet where you actually ingest it, but there is a whole world of difference between normal face skin and a psoriatic skin. The last thing I need is for things to get worse. So, if anyone with psoriasis (or eczema) used Bentonite clay, please share your experience,

Thanks in advance, Meg

Hi, meg!  It may be worth a shot trying the bentonite clay for your psoriasis.  It would be harmless, I would imagine, and natural.  So you can try it, but maybe just try a little on a small area of the psoriasis on your face or other area to see that you don't have any irritation of reaction from it.  I know that other people with psoriasis swears by apple cider vinegar and glycerin.  This is natural as well and I believe it would be beneficial for the user to try it.   I've seen similiar applications, such as Domboro solution, applied to radiation burns and they healed up quite nicely. 

Has anybody else tried bentonite clay for your psoriasis?

Khoisan Healing Clay, which is from Africa. Very effective on all skin ailments. Khoisan Healing is Africa's version of Bentonite, Montmorralite etc.. It works, but you must stop all cortizones and anti-biotics. Ingesting the clay is possibly more important than applying it topically, Clay does not dry your skin out. On any flaky skin the clay must be kept in a wet state. If you allow it to dry it will stick to the scabs. So once applied cover it or spray it with water. Having said that the problem is actually in the gut, the same applies to just about every chronic disease. Ingesting clay, somehow changes this. It's only my opinion but I think it normalizes PH and absorbs by bonding with toxins. Get off the chemicals, I regard everything that is processed as poison. In rural villages you will not find any of these chronic ailments, and they drink out of wells and rivers, not purified, floridated etc.. and no anti-biotics. They live long and die with all their teeth. Try and find a pharmacy, they don't need one. We sick because we make ourselves sick. When a baby (anyone) becomes ill the first thing that is done is, anti-biotics. Then the skin condition appears because all the gut bacteria has been destroyed. Back to the doctor and out pops the immuno-suppressants, cortisone. It heals and then returns. People get caught in a loop. Using clay puts some nature back, but it's not the only thing you need. I think that modern medicine is actually the real alternative medicine. To be used only when nature is not available.

I am now on a detox for 7 days ......... 2 hours per day at this spa type of place ( South Africa ) . I do a Colon Cleanse first , then an Ozone / oxygen sauna , then a Lymphatic Drainage massage .......... they have given me Bentonite clay with Psylium husk to mix in the mornings and drink ( 3 small cups of this mix ) .Today , the therapist told me that Bentonite clay will work on the Psoeiasis skin . Once it has dried ...... rinse off .......... I think I am going to try some on a spot ( I have it on my face now ) ........ initially I only had Psoriasis on my arms ........ now arms are much improved , but , it has appeared on my face . ......... Psoriasis moves about the body , apparently !

Please read my post below ( RE : Detox/ Bentonite ) .
I am on day 5 of my detox/ spa treatment ................. concentrating on the colon/ liver .
They say ............. always look to THE GUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello. Just found this as I was searching for efficacy of bentonite for psoriasis for my son. Do you know that the real cause is diet? When my son was 11 (and I could control his diet) I put him on the Edgar Cayce diet, which is about 80% fruits and veggies (although I would say he maintained more of a 50-60% fruits and veggies rate) and more restrictions on the remaining 20%. You can just google the Edgar Cayce diet or read this book written by a chiropractor who has cured LOTS of cases of psoriasis. The pictures throughout the book are very inspiring and they convinced my headstrong son that this would really be worth the sacrifice. Within 6 months he was virtually psoriasis free. He then went off the diet and was still ok for several years but of course, it came back eventually. He is now 24 and maintains a fairly healthy diet but nowhere near the restrictions of the Cayce diet and he insists upon drinking alcohol. So he's back to struggling with psoriasis. He says he can feel the psoriasis trying to come out thru his skin within hours after he's had a particularly bad meal. So there really is a cure - if you have the willpower to follow it. And remember that once you're totally clear you can cheat a fair amount and still maintain good skin. Good luck.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use