i am a girl, 20 years old, i have been masturbating since 5 years. i rub to objects, example: my pillow. i have never had any sexual relationship with anyone. once i was masturbating and it hurted me for few days but there was no blood. and sometimes after i masturbate i get my period. so i just want to know if i lost my hymen, or if i'm still considered as a virgin ?

Hi Honey! You ARE still a virgin! NOW the breaking of the hymen is seen differently in different cultures! In some they consider ANY breaking of the hymen a sign! BUT with todays feminie products - such as tampons, and also having pap tests! The hymen can be broken accidentally! If you are of the culture that NEEDS for you to have a hymen intact and it ISNT you can easily get a doctor to report that you are indeed a virgin - due to other tests! It takes quite a bit to tear the hymen! So use a mirror and look at the bottom opening of your vagina, if you see a little bit of skin - about a cm wide - THAT is your hymen! Google images of the intact hymen and it will show you what to look for! You KNOW you are a virgin so don't worry! IF it is a big deal for you, try not to insert anything that could break it OK? Good luck and health honey!

Hello. I am in the same trouble and I can't talk to my mom about this because I am raised in the Christian family and my mom won't understand me. I am ashamed as well because my parents told me that it is a sin to lose my virginity before marriage.

But one day I found some movie on the television and I can say that I got so excited. So, I was playing with myself and now it hurts. I tried to find something on the internet, but I didn't have success. What about me, can masturbation break virginity in my case? 

I can't talk to my mom, help me!