Hello, I am 35 years old. During my first pregnancy I gained extra 35 kilos and I cannot get rid of that easily. One of the problems is constipation, which comes from time to time. I have tried many diet medications and preparations, but they all have very short effect. Now I will even try with mineral oil. Does mineral oil help you lose weight?

Mineral oil has many effects, but I am not sure how will it affect your weight. In order to loose weight, you first have to correct your food habits drastically and perhaps start with some light exercises. Mineral oil could help with constipation, because it will help you empty your intestines and in that way, you will lose some weight. But that is all.

It just causes you to get more constipated the more you use it! !

mineral oil inhibits fat absorbtion so in away it reduces the amount of fat the body absorbs but as with most things it is not healthy to use this way

No! Someone was intentionally giving my son and I mineral oil in our milk. He went from size 2 to size 5 in less than a year. I went from 184 to 224 pounds. This was given to us without our knowledge and also gave us both severe loose stools. I wondered why my mother-in-law supposedly developed "lactose intolerance", however she asked me to bring her a milkshake and she didn't hesitate to eat my ice cream. Guess she didn't want to get the sheeetz like us.