Hi i am Jeric Im 14 years old and 5 3" in height and skinny... I lift a dumbel of 5 lbs. for 1 month with an alternate day of workout will it affect my height growth?

loook thats a really good question!!!! the answer i yes .......  body building for a 14 year old is not good  .If u want to start building your body u should start at 18 or above but at 14 your growth will be stunned, you can try some sports like 
1.swimming
2.football
3.hanging
4.basketball
etc 

This is not true. Weight lifting can be done responsibly even in teenagers, and studies have shown that it can even have a positive effect on bone strength and development. It is not necessary to wait until you are older. It is, on the other hand, necessary to receive appropriate supervision and to use free weights rather than machines. Most injuries happen in kids who lift weights by themselves. You need to learn proper technique, what weights to use, and when to take breaks to avoid side effects of weight training, and for that you need an instructor. I say continue with your passion, but not alone.

No effect. Arnold Schwarzenegger started lifting when he was 15 and he's relatively high - 1.88m (6'1").

Hello there,

It is very commendable that you are interested in body building since you are only 14 years old. And no, exercising and body building is not going to stunt your growth! This is a myth and I can’t understand how come people still believe in that!

First of all you need to look at your parents because genetics has crucial role in this matter. So if your father is short the chances are that you will be as well. Also there is some possibility to increase your height by exercising certain sports (for example basketball) but there is no guarantee.

If you like body building you should start with that because it is excellent to do the things you like.

But what if i already weight lifting for 1month is it stunt me oh no