Im 13 for about 2 months now aand Iv'e been working out since like 11. I started out with basic pushups and ab exercises and worked my way up to working out specific parts of my body. Iv'e been using 5lb weights now and wondering if lifting weights will decrease my height or affect my growth spurt which I havent had yet. My PE handbook says that lifting weights won't affect height/spurt unless it's power training. But I got buff friends telling me lifting weights will mess up my bones and then my spurt. And the thing is I only drink milk when it's breakfast. Iv'e been trying to drink 3 cups a day but I just hate the taste. Any help?

Hey man, I am living proof that weight training doset effect your height. I just turned 15 and i'm riped and been working out for bout 3 years now and guess what, I'm 6,3. It's more of a myth. As long as your not bench pressing around 400 pounds it won't do anything to your spine. Continue on working out and don't worry about it. Enjoy being buff like me :-D

It does't make any affect...it's only a myth.