Stopped my pill in june so we can try for a family. Had spotting every minth 5 days before due on. This month no spotting just a very heavy period 5 days early. Dont know now when to start calculating from and why this has happenef. Is this normal.

Hi Sazzalou,

Normally you'll ovulate between day 11 and 16 of your cycle.  Day 1 is when your period starts.

There are ovulation test kits available.

Ideally you'll have sex just before you ovulate, sperm can survive about 5 days.

Good luck!

But is it normal to have the spotting i get every month and now my period has come 5 days early. I am worried something is not right. Thanks

Thanks But is it normal to have the spotting i get every month and now my period has come 5 days early. I am worried something is not right. Thanks

Every womans period is a little different. Did you spot before you were on the pill? I'd suggest a visit to your ob/gyn. While some spotting throughout your cycle can happen, it wouldn't hurt to have an examination. It could indicate a polyp. It may also be nothing.  Good luck.